Homes for Sale in South Portland
Search all South Portland homes for sale and real estate listings. South Portland is a neighborhood located in Southwest Portland. For more information about homes for sale in South Portland or to schedule a private showing of a property displayed below, contact our expert South Portland real estate agents today.
Always get the latest properties for sale; this page is updated several times each day directly from the RMLS. Be sure to bookmark this page to keep track of the newest listings. Better yet, register for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new South Portland properties (that match your criteria) come on the market.
South Portland Real Estate Listings
South Portland Neighborhood Info
South Portland stretches along Willamette River just south of Downtown Portland. Before September 6, 2006, the neighborhood was called Corbett-Terwilliger-Lair Hill or CTLH. New housing, revitalization, and commercial development compelled the neighborhood association to rebrand the area as "South Portland."
South Portland is home to two iconic features, OHSU's aerial tram, and Gibbs Street Pedestrian Bridge. The tram connects South Waterfront to Homestead, where the upper OHSU campus and Veterans Affairs Medical Center sit. If one lives in South Portland and works at one of the hospitals in Homestead, the tram is a pretty cool way to commute.
South Portland's Sub-Neighborhoods
- South Waterfront - The northeastern part of the neighborhood is the site of a large-scale, high-density district called "Little Dubai." It is where OHSU expanded its campus along the river when space ran out on the Homestead campus. The Portland Aerial Tram links the districts and crosses over Interstate 5.
- Lair Hill - This is in the northwestern part of South Portland, bordered by I-405 on the north, SW Barbur Blvd. on the south and west, and SW Naito Parkway on the east. It is named after a person, not a hill: the lawyer, author, and editor William Lair Hill. This area was part of historical South Portland, a district of Italian, Irish, and Jewish immigrants. Much of the old neighborhood as demolished by an urban renewal project in 1958. Vestiges remain in the form of synagogues and ethnic specialty stores.
- Corbett - The Corbett area (and SW Corbett St. running north-south through the entire neighborhood) takes its name from Senator Henry Winslow Corbett. It lies south of Lair Hill, bounded by I-405 on the north, SW Naito Parkway on the west, SW Macadam Ave on the east. Its southern boundary is marked by the SW Corbett St. bridge over I-5. (This area of Portland should not be confused with the unincorporated community of Corbett, Oregon in eastern Multnomah County.)
- Terwilliger - Terwilliger lies south of Corbett, between SW Barbur Blvd. and SW Macadam Ave, straddling Terwilliger Boulevard. The area takes its name from the old Terwilliger Park subdivision, once served by the Oregon Electric Railway.
- John's Landing - John's Landing sits along the Willamette River near the Sellwood Bridge. Two main thoroughfares run through the neighborhood, Corbett and Macadam Avenues. I-5 abuts the district on one side the Willamette River on the other, creating a community ten blocks of wide and three miles long.
Each property listing above includes details about the price, year built, size of the home and the lot (square feet), number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, and other vital details. You’ll also be able to check the number of days it has been on the market (DOM), the MLS number, and the listing status (active, pending, or bumpable).
Review exterior features like swimming pools, yards, fences, and landscaping. Listings will also specify the architectural style of the house and if there are any views. Interior features like heating and cooling systems will be itemized. If any appliances or other personal property are included with the sale, those will also be noted.
When available, local information will be included along with South Portland schools, nearby amenities, and a map.
South Portland Realtors®
Are you thinking of buying or selling a home? If you're looking to buy a home, contact our South Portland real estate agents; we're the LOCAL experts and can answer all of your home buying and neighborhood questions.
If you're thinking of selling your home in the South Portland neighborhood or Greater Portland, our listing agents can provide dates and prices of recently sold homes nearby, up-to-date real estate market information, and previous sales history.